Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Best Manicure Practices - Salon Quality at Home

I've always been a type who preferred to do most of the beauty rituals at home. Dying my hair at home just leads to better results than getting it done by the hairdresser and this is the same with manicure and pedicure as well. I wouldn't encourage you to dye your hair at home especially if you want to lighten or darken it more than two shades because it requires some expertise.
However, doing a professional looking manicure is much easier, and you simply cannot go wrong with it.
I thought that I share my manicure routine with you to achieve the best results at home.



1.) Hand bath with oils

First, soak your hands for 5 to 10 minutes in warm water. I recommend to add natural oils to the water like Jojoba oil or Vitamin-E oil. I also use 1-2 drops of lavender oil which is good for the skin and has an amazing scent. If you do your manicure after a bath or shower, you might skip this step.

2.) Shaping

When your nails are soft and nourished enough after the hand-bath, you can start cutting and shaping them. I prefer to use a nail clipper but choose the tool you prefer, manicure scissors are perfect too.

3.) Cuticles

I recommend to use rosewood sticks to gently push back the cuticles with the slanted edge of the stick. The pointed side of the stick can help you clean your nails.


4.) Buffing

Use a nail buffer. I usually buy a four sided nail buffer. Use each side on your nails in the recommended order. After this step, your nails' surface will be more consistent, clean and shiny. Don't worry if you have weak nails, buffing your nails won't damage them. This process will remove only a very thin layer form your nails.


5.) Hydrate

Hydrate your hands and nails with a fast absorbent moisturizer.

6.) Nail polish time

After the moisturizing lotion sank in your hands, you can apply your favorite nail polish. For classic and elegant red manicure, I recommend Hot Gossip (325) from Rimmel.
If you are looking for a more romantic look, the Essie's Pink diamond (192) is a good choice. For a natural look, Sinful Color's Glass Pink is an ideal choice.
Apply the nail polish in one or two layers depending on how pigmented is the chosen product.



7.) Don't forget the top coat

Use a top coat for additional shine and a long lasting result. The Essie Gel-setter top coat has a beautiful gel-manicure like finish. I absolutely recommend this product.



No comments:

Post a Comment