Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

6 tips for the perfect wellness day

During these cold winter days I need some relaxing revitalizing moments even more than other times of the year. I have lots of excuses why I have no time for myself, but we shouldn't have to forget that our "battery" needs to be recharged sometimes. Right? 
I was thinking that I write some useful tips that helps us, tired woman, organize a wellness day, a day that is just about us. A day on budget that is (almost) as good as a day in SPA. A day that everyone can afford herself.

1. Wake up with a detoxing tea

Are you the kind of person who starts the day with coffee? Try out something new. Herbal teas are delicious and help detoxing your body. My personal favorite is the mint tea which refreshes your mind and also helps detoxify your body. If you are more adventurous then try nettle leaf tea. This is one of the best detoxifying tea ever which keeps your skin healthy and beautiful.

2. The happy shower

Put aside you everyday shower gel this time. Choose a refreshing luxurious soap or shower gel that has an invigorating and happy scent. For example, the raspberry supreme or the Caiperina soap from Bomb Cosmetics is simply amazing. Those scents instantly make me happy.

3. Aromatherapy

After the shower, use aromatherapist lotions. Some natural ingredients can help you relax and also naturally hydrate your skin. I love Trader Joe's Lavender hand & body lotion. Lavender instantly uplifts your mood and the organic sunflower seed oil and the other organic plant extracts deeply hydrate your skin without harsh chemicals. Massage this lotion deeply into your hands and feet too.

4. Walk in the nature

When was the last time when you just went for a walk to the nature without being in a rush? Honestly, for me it was more than a month ago, so a I decided to go for a walk to the bay. I am lucky enough to live quite close to the ocean, but a park, small forest or botanical garden are good choices too. Nature has a great power that helps you relax. Use this great power to treat your soul.


5. Facial masks and manicure

Use the afternoon to put on a cleansing and deeply hydrating facial mask. While the mask is on your face, use the time to treat your hands. Put 3 drops of lavender oil mixed in a spoon of olive oil in a bowl of warm water. Soak your hands in it after that you can apply some hydrating hand cream.


6. Sleep like a baby

I have a trick that helps me sleep better: a body lotion with aroma therapy. Some body mists or lotions with herbal essences can help you relax and fall asleep more easily. Recently, I use a bottle of Johnson's Bedtime Lotion but Bath & BodyWorks have great products. The lavender & chamomile body mist is on my wishlist. Try one of these scents which could help to perfectly finish this self-treat day.

What is your best wellness trick? Leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment