Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Review: The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter

In this post, I would like to show you my experience with one of the famous Body Shop body butters. I have chosen the strawberry body butter because that is what I use now. I have been using it for two months, so I have some experience with this product.

Strawberry Body Butter by The Body Shop

First impression

My first impression was great about this product. It comes in a pretty 200 ml container with this mouth-watering strawberry picture on it.  Inside the jar, there is a very thick light pink butter. And when I say thick, it means really thick. On the picture, you can see that I used one-third of the bottle from the right side, and it is so thick that the rest of the butter simply stays on the left side.

The Scent

After opening the jar, you can instantly smell the strawberry scent. It has a nice scent, it smells like strawberry yogurt for me because it has a milky undertone.
Even though the product contains real strawberry seed extract, the scent is not too natural though it isn't bad just you won't mistook it with a freshly picked bowl of strawberries.
The scent is strong but not too overpowering, and it settles down after 5-10 minutes. For example, I have tried the Satsuma body butter which was so strongly scented that I've got instantly nauseous and needed to return the product. So this happy strawberry scent is definitely a safer choice for people with sensitive noses than the before mentioned "biological weapon". :-)

Ingredients of the Strawberry Body Butter by The Body Shop
Ingredients of the Strawberry Body Butter by The Body Shop

Hydration

But how does this product perform on the skin?
Even though this was created for normal skin, this is a very heavy cream compared for example to the mango body butter of the same brand. After application, it sinks in quite fast and hydrates my skin well. 
What I don't like about it that is the greasy feeling that it leaves on my skin. It doesn't get rubbery or something like that, but it still feels sticky.
Because of this, I use this product only on the dry areas of my skin, for example on my legs. So I would recommend it rather for people with dry skin or use it for the dry spots.

In overall, I think that this good product that hydrates my skin. Apart from the small problems, it is a high quality, happy smelling body butter with lots of natural ingredients. For example, the second on the ingredients list is shea butter, but it also contains a decent amount of cocoa butter as well. 
Last but not least, this product wasn't tested on animals; and this is also a huge plus point for me. 

Have you tried out this body butter? Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment